European Fire Safety Week 2019
26 July 2019
Agenda and Registration
For the very first time, a European Fire Safety Week will take place. Organised by the European Fire Safety Alliance, Modern Building Alliance is part of the organisation and will co-organise the Building Day on the 19th November 2019.
Fire safety of buildings: holistic regulatory approach
19th November 2019
To be confirmed
More information about the week and registration: here
To be presented: required elements to be considered in regulations for fire safety in residential buildings.
Structured on a holistic approach, the event will address
- rules from the European standards to national regulations of the building design,
- fire safety equipment and installations,
- organizational aspects
The conference will bring together different stakeholders, experts and policy makers to exchange on key questions to improve fire safety of residential buildings.
Welcome and opening with European Fire Safety Alliance and European Commission
Session 1: How European Standards are benefitting fire safety?
- Presentations of different perspectives on the role of the EU Construction Product Regulation and European Standards
- Panel debate
Session 2: Fire safety in building design, focus on facades
- Presentations on fire safety of facades, large scale tests and modelling
- Panel debate: the way forward for safe and sustainable facades
Session 3: Building installations for fire safety, focus on smoke alarms and sprinklers
- Presentations on smoke alarms and sprinklers
- Panel debate: Should detection and sprinklers be more widely applied in Europe?
Session 4: Organizational aspects for fire safety, focus on enforcement
- Panel debate: How can the value chain work together to improve construction quality and enforcement of fire safety regulations?
Organiser of the European Fire Safety Week:
Co-organisers of the Building Day:
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP