We are looking for a Public Affairs and Communication Manager
Who we are
We are an alliance of trade associations and companies representing the plastics industry in the construction sector. Plastics are increasingly used in building and construction applications to make our buildings more sustainable, from window frames and durable pipes to state-of-the-art insulation solutions. An essential pillar of our cause is the ambition for greater fire safety across the construction industry. It is a key driver of our product design and manufacturing: improving the fire safety of buildings is a joint responsibility of the whole value chain involved in building and construction. That is why, by engaging with policy makers and stakeholders, we are committed to supporting the EU in ensuring safe and sustainable construction for people across Europe.
More information : www.modernbuildingalliance.eu
The Modern Building Alliance started in 2018 and is administratively hosted by PlasticsEurope and running as an independent and agile entity with strong involvement of the members. The successful candidate will be hired as a PlasticsEurope employee working 100% for the Modern Building Alliance
We are looking for a Public Affairs and Communication Manager to strengthen our team. The successful candidate will work closely with our Executive Chair and our members to position and represent the Modern Building Alliance towards the EU policy makers and relevant key stakeholders.
The position is for a highly motivated and well organised candidate having experience with EU institutions and able to lead the communication of the Modern Building Alliance and to engage with policy makers. The scope of responsibilities of the successful candidate may grow with experience and with the development of the alliance.
Working closely with the Executive Chair, our Public Affairs and Communication Working Group and with external consultancies when relevant:
- Identify and ensure tracking of policy issues of relevance for the alliance
- Help shaping policy messages, campaigns and advocacy strategies
- Lead and manage daily our external communication via different channels (website, social media)
- Engage and develop relationship with relevant Members of the European Parliament and staff
- Represent and present the alliance at various events
- Liaise with member’s experts
- Ensure internal communication and communication towards our industry and stakeholders
- Organise events
- Master degree in Public Affairs, Communication or equivalent area
- Around 5 years of experience in European Affairs
- Familiarity with the European Institutions and a comprehensive understanding of their decision making process
- Excellent communication, persuasion and engagement skills (oral and written) in English. Additional EU languages will be considered a plus.
- Ability to quickly master complex and scientific topics and to communicate them in an effective manner.
- Track-record in managing communication (including social media channels) and organising events.
- Knowledge of the plastics, the fire safety and/or the construction industry will be considered a plus.
- If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28th February, 2019.
- Please do not forget to mention when you would be available to start.